We'll Call You

Make a quick enquiry below and we will contact you


Care Proceedings relating to children

Care proceedings relating to children including the pre-proceedings process

Care proceedings occur when children’s social services ask a court to look at your child’s situation and decide if a legal order is needed to keep them safe from significant harm.  Before going to court, your child’s social worker will have to prepare papers explaining why they are worried. This is called the pre-proceedings process. You will also receive a copy of these papers. In this case, it is essential that you contact one of our solicitors specialising in child care immediately as we can guide and support you through this process, free of charge and hopefully avoid the need for the local authority to take court proceedings.

Sometimes court proceedings can be necessary, and the local authority may make an application to the court for a Care or Supervision Order. Again, it is essential that you have the benefit of expert legal advice throughout this process, because often adoption can be one of the outcomes. Legal aid is available for these proceedings and is free of charge.

Vincents Solicitors Child Care Law Department includes members of the Law Society Children Panel, the Law Society Family Law Panel, and the Resolution Panel of Accredited Experts. Our Solicitors will deal with all aspects of your case, from providing you with initial legal advice to representing your views at court hearings. We understand how stressful and emotional such family proceedings which is why we pride ourselves on a friendly, sympathetic, and professional approach.

For any enquiries regarding Care Proceedings relating to children please contact our Family Law Solicitors department on 01772 555 176
Or enquire online here.